Monday, March 20, 2017

Chevy Stevens's "Never Let You Go"

Chevy Stevens's novels include Still Missing, Never Knowing, and That Night.

Here Stevens shares some ideas about casting an adaptation of her new novel, Never Let You Go:
When I first started writing Still Missing ten years ago, I had a couple of actors in mind. Angelina Jolie and George Clooney were two of them--for Annie and Gary. But by the time I was finished, their ages no longer worked! Since then, I have sometimes modeled certain characters after celebrities (Eric Church inspired Ryan’s clothing style in That Night) but I don’t tend to cast anyone in my dream movie version. Thinking about Never Let You Go, I wouldn’t have a clue because I don’t know any of the up-and-coming teen actresses who would be good for Sophie, and I also can’t think of anyone in particular for Lindsey, Andrew, or Marcus. Ideally, they would be played by someone who could make the characters come to life with their own vision and personalities. I love when a movie becomes a vehicle for an incredible actor to shine. I think it would be magical if a movie based on my book was a breakout role for someone special and became the launching point for their career.
Visit the official Chevy Stevens website.

The Page 69 Test: Never Let You Go.

Writers Read: Chevy Stevens.

--Marshal Zeringue