Wednesday, April 1, 2015

N. K. Traver's "Duplicity," the movie

As a freshman at the University of Colorado, N. K. Traver decided to pursue Information Technology because classmates said "no one could make a living" with an English degree. It wasn't too many years later Traver realized it didn't matter what the job paid--nothing would ever be as fulfilling as writing. Programmer by day, writer by night, it was only a matter of time before the two overlapped.

Here Traver dreamcasts an adaptation of her first novel, Duplicity:
Oh man, here’s where I confess that if the actor’s not on Teen Wolf or already cast in a movie adapted from a book, I probably don’t know his/her name. Luckily I have Google to save me….

For Brandon, I would cast Callan McAuliffe. He would pull off the bad boy look easily with dyed black hair and a scowl. Not only that, but he’d clean up very nicely to play Brandon’s preppy mirror reflection. And he has a nice nose.

For Emma, I’d have to say AnnaSophia Robb, not only because she’s a Colorado native (clearly it was meant to be, as Duplicity is based in Colorado), but she basically exudes every good girl vibe in the world. Look at that face. I would trust her with my bank account.

And for Seb, I’d cast a young James Franco. His smile and energy and curly hair are just perfect for the role, plus he wears a fedora like a boss.
Visit N. K. Traver's website.

The Page 69 Test: Duplicity.

Writers Read: N. K. Traver.

--Marshal Zeringue