Sunday, August 3, 2014

Laurie Faria Stolarz's "Welcome to the Dark House"

Laurie Faria Stolarz grew up in Salem, MA, attended Merrimack College, and received an MFA in Creative Writing from Emerson College in Boston.

Here she dreamcasts a big screen adaptation of her new novel, Welcome to the Dark House:
When I was writing this book, I was picturing Nina Dobrev from Vampire Diaries. I did this for descriptive purposes - hair, eyes, the shape of her face - and so that when I was writing the dialogue, I could hear her voice in my head, since I know what she sounds like.

As for my book becoming a movie or TV show for real, I’d be happy with any actors the director felt were right for the roles. To be able to see my work come to life on a screen - that would be amazing on its own.
Visit Laurie Stolarz's website.

The Page 69 Test: Welcome to the Dark House.

--Marshal Zeringue