Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Chevy Stevens's "That Night"

Chevy Stevens is the author of Still Missing and Never Knowing.

Her new novel is That Night.

Here Stevens dreamcasts an adaptation of the new book:
When I first started writing That Night, I didn’t have an actress in mind for Toni, but I did think about Ryan Gosling for Ryan, who is Toni’s boyfriend in the book. While I was working on the outline, I listened to Eric Church’s song, “Springsteen” quite a bit. I Googled Erich Church and realized he was also a good model for Ryan—I liked his clothing style. This year I watched the movie Country Strong with Gwyneth Paltrow and thought the male actor, Garrett Hedlund, did an excellent job and could play Ryan. I recently created a status update on my Facebook, naming which actress I could see playing Toni and I realized Natalie Portman would be amazing (is there anything she can’t do?). She’s small, and slight like Toni. She also can wear her hair very short and still look beautiful. In the book, Toni has long hair in the beginning then when she is sentenced to prison, she cuts it all off in a fauxhawk. I’d be happy to see either of these talented actors in the movie for That Night!
Learn more about the book and author at the official Chevy Stevens website.

My Book, The Movie: Still Missing.

The Page 69 Test: That Night.

Writers Read: Chevy Stevens.

--Marshal Zeringue