Friday, June 7, 2013

Victoria Houston's "Dead Insider"

Victoria Houston is the author of the Loon Lake Mysteries, which are set in the Northwoods of Wisconsin against a background of fishing – fly fishing as well as fishing for muskie, bass, bluegill and walleyes.

Here Houston dreamcasts an adaptation of Dead Insider, the thirteenth book in the series:
The only actor I can see in the role of Doc Osborne is Treat Williams – close to the right age and good-looking.

On the other hand, I have problems when it comes to Lew Ferris and Ray Pradt, the other two recurring characters in my stories. I’d like a young version of Barbara Stanwyck or youthful Helen Mirren for Police Chief Lewellyn Ferris – no actress in her forties today hits me right for that character as I see Lew as a sturdy, striking woman.

As for Ray Pradt, a young version of Dennis Quaid with his goofy smile works for my pot-smoking fishing guide. My problem is that I see each of my characters as distilled images of people I knew growing up.
Learn more about the book and author at Victoria Houston's website.

The Page 69 Test: Dead Insider.

--Marshal Zeringue