Monday, September 21, 2009

Jordan Christy's "How to Be a Hepburn in a Hilton World"

Jordan Christy is a music publicist and has worked with dozens of artists and celebrities, in addition to various TV and media outlets. She has also written for local and national fashion magazines and music trade publications. Her new book is How to Be a Hepburn in a Hilton World: The Art of Living with Style, Class, and Grace.

Here she shares some ideas for screenwriter and principal cast should the book be adapted for the movies:
I would be lying if I said I hadn't imagined How to Be a Hepburn in a Hilton World making it's debut on the big screen. I would also be lying if I said I hadn't already picked out my dress for the premiere, and carefully arranged the track numbers for the movie's corresponding soundtrack (floor-length Reem Acra; Sara Bareilles kicks off the album). Since the book is a non-fiction guidebook, it would have to be cleverly adapted by an excellent screenwriter in the vein of He's Just Not That Into You. We basically need to get Nora Ephron on the phone, asap. If she's too swamped, I'd like to have a chat with Tracey Jackson and see what she'd do with the storyline.

Anne Hathaway is the obvious choice for the leading role, given her Audrey-like features and real-life role model qualities. There would be a gaggle of smart, funny, honest girls with supporting roles, including (but not limited to) Ginnifer Goodwin, Jenna Fischer, Gabrielle Union, Rachel Bilson, and America Ferrera. Ideally, I would like to make a small appearance as well, even if I just play Extra # 23 and have to get someone's Starbucks. Given the chapter on dating, we would need a ruggedly handsome guy for Anne to interact with, too - I'm holding out for either Hayden Christensen or Ryan Gosling.

See? It's already shaping up to be a great movie! You better hurry and Fandango your tickets for opening night before it's sold out.
Learn more about the book and author at Jordan Christy's website, blog, and Facebook page.

--Marshal Zeringue