Thursday, September 18, 2008

Stephanie Hale's "Revenge of the Homecoming Queen"

Stephanie Hale is the author of Revenge of the Homecoming Queen and Twisted Sisters.

Here she imagines the cast and director for a film adaptation of her debut novel:
First off, I'd like to thank the academy for this award. Oops, I guess I'm getting a little ahead of myself! Okay, so if my fabulous teen novel, Revenge of the Homecoming Queen, were made into a book these would be the actors and actresses I had in mind to play the parts perfectly.

Aspen Brooks~ My heroine is sassy, sophisticated, and smart as a whip. She is also occasionally so full of herself that you want to smack her upside the head with her favorite Dooney & Bourke purse, but in the end that's why you'll love her. The only person I can ever see doing Aspen's character justice is Hayden Panettiere. I first saw her in Racing Stripes and knew that she would be perfect. Of course, she's exploded due to her Heroes fame (which sadly, I've never watched). I think Hayden is trying so hard to portray herself as a positive role model that it makes me heart her even more!

Rand Bachrach~the unconventional homecoming king who makes Aspen realize there is more to life than Dooney's. The actor I would pick for Rand's role is Shia LaBeouf. If you have been following Shia from Holes to Disturbia, you'll understand why he is perfect for the role of Rand. He would have to agree to stop drinking and driving because Rand would never do something so stupid. And I am available to be on set to massage his hurt hand in between scenes. I'm just saying...

Angel Ives~ Angel is Aspen's nemesis and lives to make her life miserable. She is the head cheerleader of the Seagals and doesn't mind stealing another girl's boyfriend. I needed someone beautiful who could fight dirty. I like Alexa Vega. She was so awesome in Spy Kids and I think she would definitely be an awesome Angel.

Lucas Riley~ Aspen's boyfriend and quarterback of the Comfort Seagulls. Lucas is the hottest guy in school but isn't exactly on the honor roll each semester. I think from Cody Linley from Hoot and soon to be dazzling audiences on Dancing With The Stars is perfect.

Tobi Groves~ Every girl has to have a trusty sidekick and Aspen is no exception. Tobi has been by her side since pre-k even if Aspen tends to take her a bit for granted. I loved Kristin Stewart in Panic Room with Jodie Foster and in November she will be Bella in the movie version of Twilight.

Miss Hott~ the high school principal who has to put up with all of them. I think Ricki Lake would be a perfect Miss Hott, although she would have to bulk up again for the role.

As for the director, I'd choose Steven Spielberg. Because he's awesome and none of these actors would turn him down!

I hope you'll all rush out and see Revenge of the Homecoming Queen when it comes to the big screen.
Read more about Revenge of the Homecoming Queen at Stephanie Hale's website, and check out Hale's MySpace page and the Books, Boys, Buzz blog.

The Page 69 Test: Revenge of the Homecoming Queen.

--Marshal Zeringue